Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Phone a friend!

I've decided I want to learn how to spin my own yarn so on a day trip to Bath I called in at The Makery to see if they do workshops.  

Unfortunately they don't but the girl behind the counter gave me the contact details for a lady called Ricia who I called to see if she could help.  She was fab!  She gave me loads of information and tips and pointed me in the right direction.  She was so generous with her time it got me really enthused and now I want to really immerse myself in textiles work!

I can't make this year's Wonderwool Wales because I left it too late to plan and there are no available rooms in Builth Wells but I'll definitely be heading there next year.

I'm not sure how much yarn related crafts are included in Art in Action in Oxford but might pop along to this in July.


And I am now looking for somewhere to buy a drop spindle and some fleece/wool (not sure what the correct terminology is yet) and see if I can learn off t'internet.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment