Sunday, March 27, 2011

Busy bee

Yesterday I spent all day re-potting and tidying in the garden.  My small garden is in the shade for most of the day and is very uneven, nasty gravel but having lived in a flat for almost 5 years I'm enjoying the little space by cramming it full of pots and planters!  I've already seen some bees enjoying the tulips and lots of ladybirds on the ivy on the fence.  I also have birds visiting my feeders and I now wake up to their singing rather than the traffic on a main road.  I'm not great at identifying birds but I know I have definitely seen robins, blue tits, sparrows, starlings and pigeons.  And bizarrely for somewhere so far inland I heard seagulls overhead! 































Having spent the whole of Saturday on my knees I decided that I would spend today lounging on the sofa finishing my last crochet project.  This was a pattern from a Stitch and Bitch book which I amended slightly.  I felt it wasn't long enough so extended the trebles section and then added more shells.  I also didn't like the ties on it, which were long chains with pompoms on the end.  I decided to fasten the neck with a sparkly brooch instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment