Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The sun is shining so I made...

...another scarf!  Not entirely sure why I started this - I think I just wanted to do some crochet having made so many knitted projects which take me much longer.  I didn't have much of this yarn either so a scarf seemed the easy option - I must try to be more creative in future!
















I'm calling this my portcullis scarf - because it looks like a portcullis (can you see what I did there?!  Isn't it clever?!).  It's basically a mesh with a twisted chain border, it was going to be scallops but I got confused and then decided to make the rest up.  It looks quite short but the yarn is really stretchy so it pulls a lot longer.

I saw my crafting guru Mai yesterday and she showed me the baby blankets she was making which looked great so that's my next project.  I'll be making that pattern up as I go along too so imagine there will be a fair amount of unpicking which is much easier with crochet!

I've not been crafting or blogging much recently, it must be the lovely weather as I've spent quite a bit of time pottering in the garden.  I've just planted some dwarf sunflowers and those big daisy type flowers I've forgotten the name of - hopefully they'll be bright and cheery. 















I also spent today trying to teach myself the harmonica - even though I've never played an instrument before and I can't read music!

As distraction techniques go, today was a triumph in ignoring the awkward situation I have got myself into with some unreciprocated flirting, oh well maybe I can woo the next guy with my rendition of 'Mary had a little lamb'  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment