Sunday, February 6, 2011

Poor child...

I decided to have a go at a really simple baby cardigan from Lion Brand yarns - worked in garter stitch it looked like a basic first attempt pattern.  How wrong I was...

Knitting the first part of the body was easy enough (except for the few dropped stitches caused by the terribly rude things going on in this week's episode of The Tudors). 

I managed to pick them up and carry on but when it got to the dividing section I got in a terrible pickle.  In trying to transfer stitches to my cobbled together holder (a crochet hook with pipe cleaners tied around the ends to stop it sliding off) I dropped most of them.  I then put them back on the wrong way (purl-wise not knit-wise).  Then I lost track of the number of stitches, then I got in a tangle, then I got in a strop.

I did eventually finish the blasted thing but I pity any child that might attempt to wear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment