Saturday, February 19, 2011

Plea for help!

I am lost mid-way through a pattern and it was all going so well!  

I am trying to make a Lion Brand extra easy extra fabulous sweater (pattern number 70517AD) and have got hopelessly confused.

The Right Front and Shape Neck instructions were fine, I ended on row 9 which was knitting and then it all went wrong when it said:

"Before continuing on the Right Front, read the section below that begins with ***

***AND AT THE SAME TIME, when sleeve measures 18ins end with a wrong side row.
Shape Body
Next Row (Right side): Bind off 18 stitches, knit 35
Continue to work in stockinette, keeping 5 stitches at front edge in garter stitch until piece measures 11ins from sleeve bind off row.  Knit 8 rows for garter edging.  Bind off."

I don't understand how to knit AT THE SAME TIME instructions when following on from what I was previously doing is so different:

"Row 10: Knit 5, purl 48
Rows 11-18: repeat rows 9 and 10
Row 19: Knit to last 4 stitches, k1, purl to end of row
Row 20: Knit 2, cast on 2 stitches, bind off 2 stitches, knit 2
Rows 21-30: repeat rows 9 and 10
Rows 31 and 32: repeat rows 19 and 20"

I'm a woman so multi-tasking should be second nature but I don't understand how I am supposed to be doing two things at the same time!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment