Saturday, January 15, 2011

Knitting!

So, this week I decided to give knitting a go!  My Mum tried to teach me when I was a kid but all I managed then was to transfer a row of stitches from one needle to the other (which took hours!) but I really didn't understand the concept!

This time around I tried to learn from the internet and youtube - bad idea.  Youtube is good for explaining a lot of craft stuff but knitting is just too difficult to see when they start clacking away and winding yarn around.  I just couldn't follow it at all.  I learnt one way to cast on which was creating really loose stitches and then I tried just plain old knit stitch and got myself in a right pickle.

So Thursday evening and I'm back at home and my Mum is once again trying to explain it to me - this time around I got it though.  Partly because I understand crochet so it was a bit of a head start and partly because I was not going to let this beat me!

No comments:

Post a Comment